Hook Technology Website Privacy Notice
Last updated 1st Feb 2021
1. About this notice
Hook Technology Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice describes how we collect, use and otherwise process personal information relating to you, or that you provide to us:
(i) when you engage with us as a customer or supplier;
(ii) when you visit or use:
- our website at hook.co (the “Website”);
- any of our software applications (“Apps”) and;
- our social media pages; and
(iii) when you apply for a job with us.
Personal information is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices regarding personal information.
By engaging with us via any of the means set out above, you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
For the purposes of this notice, all references to the Website shall include a reference to the Apps, and references to “Hook”, “we”, “us” or “our” are to Hook Technology Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 12362866 with our registered office at 11 Staple Inn, London, United Kingdom, WC1V 7QH .
For the purposes of data protection laws, the data controller is Hook. In this notice, the terms “personal data (or information)”, “processing”, “data controller” and “data processor” shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
2. What personal data do we collect?
2.1. Information that we collect from you
The type of information we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction you have with us.
Broadly speaking, the types of personal data that we collect may include:
- if you are a customer or supplier of Hook: your first and last name, job title, email address, postal address, telephone number and the details of the transactions which you conduct with us;
- if you are a job applicant: your full name, contact details (including address, phone number and email address), identification details, employment history and education history, references, and information from your LinkedIn or other social media profiles. We have a specific privacy notice for job applicants: https://apply.workable.com/hook-technology/gdpr_policy/?lng=en;
- if you are a visitor to our Website “tech information” like your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and length of visit and pages viewed; and
- personal data you provide to us such as when you register or create an account with us or when you communicate with us through email or our social media pages.
You are under no obligation to provide any such data. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to properly engage with you properly.
3. How do we use personal data?
We use personal data relating to you that we collect, or that you provide to us, for the purposes of our legitimate interests as follows:
- to communicate with you and respond to your queries;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- for the purposes of recruiting staff for our business;
- to understand that ways in which our Website is being accessed and used;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to develop and improve our products and services.
4. How do we share personal data with third parties?
We may disclose personal data relating to you to third parties in certain circumstances including the following:
- suppliers that we engage to help us run our business, such as IT services suppliers;
- analytics and search engine service providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- law enforcement bodies, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we restructure our business, or if we integrate our business with another group of companies, in which case personal data held by us will be disclosed to the new owner to be used in the same ways set out in this notice; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data relating to you in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions on which we supply services to you and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Before Hook discloses any personal data to a third party, we take steps to ensure that the third party will protect personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and in a manner consistent with this notice. Third parties are required to restrict their use of this information to the purpose for which the information was provided.
5. External Links
Although the Website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout the Website.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our distributors, partners, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of those social media platforms.
7. Where do we store personal data?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, locations outside the United Kingdom (“UK”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for us or for one of our suppliers or service providers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
Countries where personal data relating to you may be stored and / or processed, or where recipients of personal data relating to you may be located may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence and may not have been granted “adequacy” status by the UK.
By submitting your personal data, you accept that personal data relating to you may be transferred, stored or processed in this way. We will use appropriate safeguards such as the EU and UK approved Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this notice.
If you would like further information, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this privacy notice.
8. How do we protect personal data?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data relating to you, we cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted to Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data relating to you, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to Hook is stored on secure servers. The safety and security of your information and any personal data relating to you also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Hook takes steps to destroy or de-identify personal data when the information is no longer required for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed by us and we are no longer required by law to retain the information.
9. Your rights
You have the right to access personal data held relating to you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. You will not have to pay a fee to access personal information relating to you (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We also want to make sure that personal data relating to you that we hold is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- the erasure of personal data relating to you that we hold;
- the restriction of processing of personal data relating to you that we hold;
- object to our processing of personal data relating to you that we hold; and
- request the transfer of your personal data to another data controller.
Requests in this section should be sent by email or by writing to us using the contact details set out at the end of this notice.
We will only send you marketing material if you consent. When you have consented to marketing material, you have the right at any time to ask us not to process personal data relating to you for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the marketing emails we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by sending an email or by writing to us using the contact details set out at the end of this notice.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal information, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We use the following cookies (and similar technologies) on the Website:
|Cookie Name||Provider of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie||Privacy Notice|
|_ga||Statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths to evaluate and develop our Website||Google Cookie Technologies|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||Google Cookie Technologies|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate||Google Cookie Technologies|
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited.
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And some services and functionalities may not work properly at all.
You can manage/delete cookies as you wish - for details, see aboutcookies.org.
11. Changes to this notice
Hook reviews and amends its privacy notice from time to time. Any changes we make to this notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check this page occasionally to review any updates or changes to this privacy notice. This helps you be aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, it is disclosed.
12. Contacting Us
If there are any questions regarding this privacy notice, you may contact us using the information below.
Hook Technology Limited,
11 Staple Inn,